Monday, July 12, 2010

Yesterday was an experience that I could never forget...the children we saw were beautiful. Even though they were filthy with dirt, their clothes were torn and covered in flies...their smiles is what we will remember about them. When our bus pulled up to the home, their smiles turned on and our hearts melted. I became close to a particular child at the orphanages and when I was forced to tell her goodbye, she latched on to me and started shouting. I immediately grabbed Dara to translate and she was Telling me, " God loves you and I do too." Immediately my heart shattered. It was such a bittersweet moment. The children are all beautiful and have hearts of gold. They may be filthy and have rotted teeth and crusted clothes...but they are happy. God is good.

Keep praying for this trip and the other children we will have the opportunity to bless.
Love you all,
Tori

No comments:

Post a Comment