Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Ahh, home sweet home!

Hello!

The trip home is nearly complete! We survived the 20 plus hours during flights from Cambodia to Korea and then Korea to D.C. and we are ready to get the last flight out of the way. The highlight of the return trip was definitely the luxurious showers we got to take in Korea with shower heads that rivaled any five star hotel! PD described it as life changing, and I kind of have to agree with that statement because I felt so refreshed after being so gross at our BBQ. We found our first Wendy's here during our layover, and I've never appreciated greasy fast food quite as much as today! The bathrooms are also pleasant because we don't have to worry about supplying our own toilet paper and got to wash our hands with SOAP, a rarity in Cambodia. And walking through security we smelled the faint smell of cleaning supplies, the first in almost two weeks! Let's just say we are very glad to be back in the States and I think I speak for everyone when I say I'm very excited to see my family, take a long shower and sleep for multiple days (without a Korean stewardess waking me up for inedible meal time).

This will most likely be my last post for our Impact Cambodia blog, and I'm sad to have our trip end. Our team has gotten very close and I will miss all of the crazy times we have had together. Thank you all so much for your support and prayer for our team, we really appreciate it! You all mean the world to us.

Although it has significantly more meaning coming from the adorable Lun Lim, I feel like there is only one way to wrap this post up...

...Let's transform and roll out!

Meghan

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Meghan and team for keeping us all informed of your whereabouts, feelings, impressions, and just overall thoughts. What an awesome experience for you all as well as us through you. So many of us wanted to be there with you and this blog made that somewhat possible.Thanks Palma for setting it up. Its been nice to see how you have all grown in the 2 weeks you were gone, and this is just the beginning. To all of you, good luck, especially the seniors or should I say freshmen in your life travels, remember where home is. To the rest of you,we still have time to see where this will take you. We love you and support you and when you need us we are here if only for a hug. We are so proud of you! You are good and faithful servants.

    Much love,
    Leisa

    ReplyDelete