Saturday, July 17, 2010

So I have been in this third world county for over a week now and there aren't really any words to describe such a place in a way that would make you grasp what we are all getting to see and experience. The villages we drive threw don't even look real, or livable, huts made of bamboo, I don't even see how they withstand the crazy storms here. The people here are so kind and respectable, they almost always look happy, even the children in bare feet digging threw the trash seem to have a certain peace about them that we are missing out on in the everyday hustle and busyness of the lives we all live. They don't even seem to feel bad for themselves, lving such hard lives full of labor and unsureness, I am so blessed to meet these people. A five year old sold me a fan yesterday, five.. The only thing our five year olds worry about in the states in what cartoon they will be watching that day where here they need to help put food on the table for their families. Even on the eigth day of being here I am still in shock as we drive from place to place at the things we are seeing. With love- Melanie

2 comments:

  1. I am glad you are getting this experience. Pastor Dave called paster Donnie during church today. He said some of you were not feeling so good becaus of the food. Is it agreeing with you? I hope everyone is feeling better soon and that you are OK. I always got sick in new places, your Dad never did. Love mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah like half of the team has gotten sick at one point or another but I'm a champ, no sickness here, although it might have something to do wi the fact that I got the salmon instead of the burger with raw meat. Haha -Mel

    ReplyDelete