Sunday, July 11, 2010

Today was amazing,it started out with church, it was so cool to worship with people speaking another language on the opposite side of the world. Then we had lunch which was verygoodunlike the dinner last night which consisted of a whole chicken head and all, just sliced up. I am getting very good at using chop sticks!!! The best part of the day though was when we went to one of the villages, I can't wait to show you pictures, because words can't even describe what we got to experience, dirt floors, cows and chickens and pigs just chillen everywhere, beautiful beautiful people, so differernt from us in everyway imagenable, but the people in this particular village worship the same god, the only thing the connects us to them, the most important thing. Also I don't know ifihave ever been this filthy dirty in my whole life, it's like 535 degrees here, I can't wait to shower. Oh and how I miss sweets! I'm a little tired of rice and beef , but mean it could always get worse. Oh and we went to their mall and I saw the Cambodian version of the back street boys, it was soooo funny. Lol. Well bye bye -- Melanie :)

2 comments:

  1. Melanie I wanted to let you know Coach Tiff returned your email. You can get in touch with her when you get back. Also, I do not know if you were able to watch the final world cup game. Spain won. Did they win because you brought them luck by wearing their cap to Campodia? Or we just lucky to have gotten the cap of the winning team.

    Also, keep the messages coming it is nice to be able to track your trip.

    With Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha yeah it was like in the middle of the night here when the game was on so I was sleeping but I heard. And thank you for letting me know!! I'm happy they one. I love and miss you, bunches :). -Melanie

    ReplyDelete